Tuesday 29 March 2011

Martial Arts: Kung Fu Was Born

Since I was a little boy, the fascination of Shaolin Monks has always been apart of my childhood. I remembered that I would like to see all the incredible techniques they used to perform, for example breaking a metal rod using only their heads, or a display of sword fighting. Through the Shaolin Monks, Kung Fu, one of the most talked about martial arts, originated from a Buddhist monastery. That is what interests me the most about the Shaolin Monks, normally when you think about Monks you'll think about calm and tranquil people that solemnly focus their lives on religious practices, but when Shaolin Monks come to mind you can think of some real extremist, dedicating most of their time to meditating and learning how to use themselves for self- defense.

http://asianhistory.about.com/od/warsinasia/p/ShaolinMonksPro.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment